Agriculture Trade and Investment Representative
British Columbia Trade and Investment Office, Korea
Representing the government of the province of British Columbia (B.C.), Canada, in Korea, the B.C. Trade and Investment Representative Office provides integrated trade and investment programs and services to help B.C. increase its exports, develop international partnerships, increase awareness of B.C.’s competitive advantages and attract investment and business to the province, such as company head offices.
The B.C. Trade and Investment Representative Office is seeking an experienced, self-driven individual to support trade and investment business development and deliver key market intelligence for B.C. agrifood and seafood companies pursuing entry into the Korean market. The position will be dedicated exclusively to supporting the key objectives of the multi-year B.C. Agrifood and Seafood International Strategy and deliver on specified performance targets to introduce new B.C. products and companies to the Korea market, as well as to deliver key market intelligence to inform export development of the sector in B.C.
- Support and develop initiatives to achieve export growth for B.C.’s agrifood and seafood sector in Korea.
- Promote the introduction of new B.C. agrifood and seafood products to the Korean market and number of new B.C. agrifood and seafood exporters selling into Korea.
- Expand market share for B.C. agrifood and seafood products currently exported to Korea through introduction to new sales opportunities (e.g. hypermarkets, food service establishments, etc.).
- Complete Competitive Analysis Briefings which enhance Government’s ability to better prepare B.C. exporters for doing business in Korea.
- Interview current and potential buyers of B.C. agrifood and seafood products to develop Buyer Profiles which enhance Government’s ability to connect B.C. exporters to Korean buyers.
- Create Opportunity Identification Briefings through interviews with food industry leaders in Korea which provide insight into where future opportunities will arise in the market, current supply conditions and anticipated future trends, to help B.C. increase/diversify agrifood and seafood production to capture future growth opportunities.
Contract Term: December 1, 2016 to March 31, 2018
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience working in trade and/or investment with a focus on agriculture and seafood.
- Strong industry relationships with key Korean agrifood/seafood importers, retailers, wholesalers and distributors
- Strong understanding of B.C.’s agrifood and seafood industry, comparative advantages, and branding strengths
- Strong industry association contacts preferred
- Fluency in Korean and English required
- Bachelor's degree
Resume and Cover letter both in Korean and English
Submit to email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Title of email should be “Your Name_Agriculture”